Wednesday 17 December 2014

10,000th.

Sitting here, I often feel like I have no people. 

Like I have been dropped into a place and left alone. 

And the people in this new place are cold as snow. 

But then when I look back, 

It only takes a picture or a call or a text or even a voice mail.

As soon as I get a glimpse of the people behind me.

The quality of the people propping me up. 

The architecture of support around me;

Infinitely stronger than the frigidity before me.

I remember that I am not alone.

I sit here, 

A small girl in an over sized chair.

And that is all you see.

You do not see the 10,000 people I come with, cheering me on, saying;

"You can do this,"

"Forgive yourself,"

"Try again."




Thank God for these 10,000 people :)


Inspired by a line from Maya Angelou's "Our Grandmothers" and my day today.
Thanks Ugose for making me put this up :)

1 comment: