Sunday 3 August 2014

Many Sweet Words

You are words.
You are many words.
You are many sweet words.
You are many sweet words I want to hear.
You are many perfectly timed sweet words I want to hear.

It's scary.
That you are words.
Because words can be fragile.
They build and they break,
But they can be fragile.
And they can be an outlet to your soul.
But they also camouflage.
And they change.
They are like liquid.
Conforming to the shape of context.

"I love you too"

So don't be words.
Darling,
I would say be actions.
But those can often be like words.
Natural chameleons.
I see what you show me.
I see what I want to see.

So darling, be glass.
Lay your soul on the table next to mine.
Let us see you.
Let me see you.
In all that you are not.
In all that you are.

Let me choose to love you.
Or choose to walk away.

2 comments:

  1. You had me snapping through out. Love this piece!!! :)

    ReplyDelete