Thursday 13 February 2014

To Love.

To love. Is to give yourself away.

To trust is to invest in the unknown.


To love is to trust.


To trust is to walk on the streets of love.



We all carry burdens. But we know not how to share. 


So we walk with hunched backs around masked streets.


We all carry burdens.


But we know not how to share.


And so those few moments in which we realize we do not have to hold our mouths.


We take off our clothes.


And stare at our naked bodies.


Negotiating our scars.


But we know not how to heal.


So we wear our clothes and go back to the masks of our homes.



To love is to depend.


To love is find a mind reader.



To trust is to let you take off my clothes.


To love. Is to stand naked.


To love is wear your clothes home.




Happy Early Valentine's. x


(Clothes somewhat refers to masks/burdens)

17 comments:

  1. dont worry God will give you, the love of your life soon? Yh soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dear this poem made my valentine's day special and the best i have ever had in 4 yrs wit my boyfriend he got shocked when i read it to him and i know he would soon ask me a marry him b'cos of that. My dear your date will love you till the end. If you dont have yet you are going to have someone who is going to love you till marriage and die for your love. Thanks sweetie for making my day special .jannet okafor. Ur blog is d best my stonny hearted boyfriend cried. You are talented

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... and you've made my day too...

      Delete
    2. Awwwww I'm so happy to hear your story. I wish you and your boyfriend the best!

      Delete
  3. the first anonymous person is mean lol i give up on you

    best lines:
    We all carry burdens

    We take off our clothes.

    And stare at our naked bodies.

    Negotiating our scars.

    beautiful!!
    Im greatly impressed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one B,I'm really impressed....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed it cos it's deep and metaphorical.
    It's a piece you'd read and wanna reflect over.
    But, maybe you lost it or you lost me after the line
    we know not how to heal.

    it seemed you rushed stuffs after that. It's good but it can be a lot better.
    #ALL WE HAVE IS A SINGLE SHOT AT LIFE#

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I had a feeling some people wouldn't understand what I was talking about after that line.

    It's pretty much saying that to love is to let someone see your insecurities (to stand naked / let you take off my clothes).

    Because we cannot heal each other (solve each other's problems or insecurities), all we do is talk about it and then the next day we act like we never talked about anything (going back to the masks of our homes).

    So to wear the person's clothes home is to not act like nothing was shared the day before. Kind of like to remain naked lol.

    I may not have completely explained it but truthfully, it's open to the reader's interpretation :)

    Glad you enjoyed the poem though !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful piece

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you cos I trust you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this!! Especially the way you ended it.

    ReplyDelete