Wednesday 20 March 2013

Unfamiliar.

Hey! I like to explain a little bit of what inspired a write up before sharing it. So this was basically inspired by a short story I read recently about a girl that was in love with someone too old for her. I hope you like it :)



I was 15, he was 29.
Our love was strange.
Like cracks in an hour glass.
Our love was loud.
Like the beat of frenzied drums.
Our love was silent.
Like the sound of dancers as their feet grace the tiles.
Our love was aggressive.
Belligerent.
Stiff as a deep rooted tree.
Our love was kind.
Mellow.
Secret.
Shame.
Our love was servile.
I was servile.
Our love was speechless clenched fists,
Fighting our insides.
Fighting my insides.
Our love was intense.
Our love was bad words.
Curled toes.
Crossed legs.
Bitten lips.
Sore eyes.

I was 15 and he was 29.
And we kissed for the first time 8 days to valentine's.
My back against the rough barks of an Iroko tree in his compound.
The moon shining a little too dim.
Blurring the features of his face.
I was intoxicated.
By the scent of mint in his breath.
The cologne on the side of his neck.
The grip of his arms around my waist.
The pierce of his eyes into mine.
I turned away too late.
His lips were already on mine.
Seducing me, melting my lips like rain on snow.
Making it hard to think.
Or do.
It was unfamiliar.


Our love was unfamiliar.

2 comments: